Friday, November 13, 2009

Losing Sleep

[written Thursday, November 12, 2009]

So I've come to the conclusion that a lot of this over-working is really starting to wear on me. I keep forgetting things everywhere, which equals running late, running early, not being prepared . . . and it sucks. :(

Alas, I gotta make it home for Christmas! I MUST see my family! Next year is going to be so packed with traveling already. I may only get to go "home" once next year. But we'll see.

Right now I'm sitting in the middle of Bellevue Square Mall in a comfy green chair waiting to meet up with some people from the Seattle area Help Portrait group. I'm SO SO SO SO excited to get to participate in this event! Don't know what it is? Check this out:



Yeah, so it's gonna be great!!! I LOVE giving back to people and the community! :D

But due to this lack of sleep, my brain is like perma-fried. So I showed up to the Starbucks at the mall to meet with everyone at 7pm. which, wouldn't be SO bad, if the meeting wasn't scheduled to start at 9pm. instead. So I did some exploring. The mall reminds me of Barton Creek Square Mall back home. Of course the fact that it's called Bellevue Square Mall doesn't really help in that arena. But it was so great to meet with such amazing, talented photographers in an effort to give back to the community. :D We're going to be working with the Low Income Housing Institute to take portraits of family members who can't afford them and I'm SO excited!!! Having come from a low-income family background, it's a blessing to get to make their day!

Well, I leave you now with a picture I took today of the American Flag flying on top of the Space Needle:



HAPPY VETERANS DAY!!

No comments: