Saturday, December 19, 2009

In Your Atmosphere

Yesterday was PRETTY hectic, but the joy of knowing it's (1) SATURDAY! and (2) only 1 more day before I make the trip home on el greyhound made it all worthwhile :D

In other GREAT news, yesterday I was on Twitter and I discovered that Rudy's BBQ (my hometown favorite BBQ joint) was having a contest to see who could make up the best 140 character or less tweet of a holiday rhythm mentioning @rudysbbq. And i WON!!



I won a $25 gift card to Rudy's BBQ! :D

That's like, one of the most amazing presents ever! Especially since I leave tomorrow night to make my way to Austin, the land flowing with Rudy's BBQ, Chick-Fil-A and Chuy's! :D I love Texas food!

The good thing is that my time at home will be a healthy length of time (8 days) and I'll get to spend one full day of quality time with Vanessa and I'll get to have some down time to just slow down, before I head back home, to this BEAUTIFUL city I also love!

Yesterday I was riding the bus and I was looking out at the water and then at the city buildings and all the people swarming around the streets and hanging out in Westlake Plaza, riding the carousel and enjoying hot chocolate and it just reminded me how wonderful and diverse and fun Seattle is! I'm definitely going to miss Seattle when I'm at home, but knowing that I have lived here for a year and a half and that I'm still so madly in love with this city is very comforting, and will help balance out the times I will miss it.

Tonight is all about cleaning and packing and then tomorrow is picking up last minute gifts.

I watched Inglorious Basterds again last night (LOVE that movie!) and it made me want to learn German and French more! So much so, that I might pick up a phrase book while I'm at Barnes and Noble tomorrow! We shall see . . . in the meantime, here are some photos I've taken as of late:

shoppers at Pacific Place Mall downtown

I'm afraid to try them . . .

Going up the escalator at Convention Place Bus Station

One might wonder what's so exciting about this pic.
Well, let me just tell you, it's not everyday that the Seattle sky is so clear, or so blue! ;D

No comments: