Thursday, July 8, 2010

VIDEO BLOG: Send In The Clowns (Vacation Recap)

Sarah, Honest Abe, & Me

Once upon a time, I wore a pair of snowflake pajama pants for 24 hours. True Story.

Saturday, July 3rd was my best friend Sarah's birthday. It was ALSO the day of the Dundalk Heritage Parade. I woke up at 4:30 that morning to help prepare breakfast for Sarah's family so that Ms. Shelley (her mom) could get some rest and recover from the hectic day before. I was MORE than happy to do it . . . my body on the other hand, demanded rest after breakfast was over.

I knew we were going to be watching the parade later that morning, so I went upstairs to download my photos from the day before. The funny thing is I don't even remember falling asleep. Sarah's friend Liz came to wake me up just 5 minutes before the parade, and as I was wiping the sleepies from my eyes, she asked me if I would do her a HUGE favor and put on the outfit she was holding and help her with curbside commentary to entertain Sarah's dad during the parade. I was MORE than happy to oblige—I was barely awake, but still happy to oblige. I was under the assumption that I was going to be sitting by her dad making funny remarks. What ended up happening was that someone handed me a megaphone and told me to go out into the street and get the neighborhood excited about the parade and give some commentary.

I tried to get each commentator break on film, but was only able to get some. I'd like to think of that as an act of God. ;)

I can't even begin to describe what supernatural force of energy overtook me, but it was POWERFUL. You guys, I HADN'T EVEN HAD COFFEE! I don't even remember half of what I said, I was just going off the cuff the whole time. Neighbors asked if I would go on a comedy tour (no, I won't), others asked if I was related to the Warners (only in heart & soul), others invited me back next year (for sure!). It was overwhelming and fun all at the same time. I think the best part was leading the entire neighborhood in singing HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my best friend!

Here is a video of the shenanigans:




And here are some photos from the day:

Liz and I -aka- Martha May and Connie Constantine

One of the Dundalk "Hons" marching in the parade
They're called "Hons" because they always call ya "Hon"

I got to enjoy the parade with Beethoven


After the parade was over, I got to give Sarah my birthday gift to her: 2 skeins of her favorite yarn! I had sneakily purchased them in New York at Seaport Yarn, which was this little yarn shop she fell in LOVE with! It was tricky hiding it from her, but I managed to get away with it and she was SO excited to get her yarn! And she loved the birthday card I gave her, which was from Plain Jane's Cards. And I got to sing the "Make New Friends But Keep The Old" song to her. It was the perfect day to celebrate my best friend!


1 comment:

Heather said...

You just don't stop do you...can I offically introduce you as "Amo Shenanigans"? Please???