Wednesday, October 8, 2008

no day but today

Hey everyone! So I thought I would post a dangerous post, and it's dangerous to me, because if anyone who reads this blog is a stalker, they know how to find me. So...if you're a stalker, please, find someone else to stalk. I'm really not interested in any added drama, and trust me, you can do better than me. :)

So now that I've scared away any potential stalkers, I wanted to post about my success in developing a weekly schedule for myself! yay! You know, when you've been in an environment where most of your waking hours are mapped out for you, it can be a real hectic thing to have to make your own adjustments and decide what works best for you, when. And now that I've lived here in Seattle for about 2, going on 3 months, I am happy to report that I have found a schedule that suits me...at least for now.

And please note, that I am still very flexible. For instance, if I stay up too late either talking to my mother, sister, friends, etc. it may lead to a later bed time because I make sure I do my bedtime routine before I hit the hay. (man, i know, i sound like a third grader...but trust me, it's a good thing) But that just means that I have to cut a part out of my morning routine to make sure I'm where I need to be on time. :)

Here is what my days look like Monday-Friday>>>

5:45 a.m. : WAKE UP (also allot time for hitting the snooze button) hehehehehe
6:00 a.m. : Get Ready for the Day (this includes ironing, getting dressed, putting on makeup, and packing up my stuff to take to the office)
7:00 a.m. : Morning Time (this includes coffee, breakfast, short quiet time, and watching the news updates, and packing my lunch for the day)
7:45 a.m. : Bus To Work (the bus comes at 7:57 a.m., and I walk less than a block to get there)
8:30 a.m. : Office Prep (clear head, put lunch in the kitchen, checking emails, checking blog, facebook, twitter, etc.)
9:00 a.m. : Office Tasks
This is the part of the day where I WORK. Sometimes the day is busy, sometimes it's not. Today, I had to send out a mass email message promoting a forum that my boss is hosting. Here's the design:

All through the day, I schedule meetings for my boss, work on updating filing systems, work on updating the database, checking the mail, making deposits, etc.
Then...
12:00 p.m. : This is generally when I take my 1 hour lunch break :) yum!
5:00 p.m. : Pack up and head to the bus stop. Then I take the bus home. And usually I'll take a book with me, because the bus rides can vary in times that i'm riding or waiting...so I get to read in the down time.
6:15 p.m. : This is usually when I get home, unless I make any unplanned stops like at Target, Best Buy, Barnes and Noble, U Village, etc.
6:30 p.m. : Make any AUSTIN phone calls. Since my friends and fam are two hours, if not more, ahead of me here in Seattle, I call them around this time so that it's not too late for them. So they get the calls around 8:30 p.m. But most of the time, I'm talking to my mom. Most of the time I will cook dinner while I make calls to multi-task. If not, I cook afterwards.
8:00 p.m. : Watch TV and chillax or go out
9:30 p.m. : Get Ready for bed. (shower, brush teeth, pick out outfit for the next day, etc.)
10:00 p.m. : Evening Quiet Time -aka- 20/10. I take out 20 minutes for bible reading and study and then have 10 minutes of prayer time just before I hit snoozeville. And then I'm up and at 'em again at 5:45!

Saturdays are a bit different. Saturday I sleep in a bit, make a nice big breakfast, and either go out somewhere like downtown or to the movies, or I go to Barnes and Noble to read a book, or just go on a nice walk. I try not to spend too much time watching TV or using the internet, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't happen. ;)

Sundays are different too. Every other week, I help out with Kingdom Kids at Westside Church. On the mornings I help, I wake up early to go to the 9 a.m. service so I can still learn some cool stuff. And then I go down to help. On the mornings I don't help, I sleep in a bit and go to the 11 a.m. service. Since the bus runs every hour on Sundays, as opposed to 15 or 30 mins. I usually get to the bus stop early (which is 4 blocks from the church). And the stop runs right in front of Larsen's Bakery, so I peek in there, get a Pecan Cinnamon Roll and sometimes a Chai Latte and walk to the park between the bus stop and church. And I have a small quiet time and sing some songs to God...since no one is usually there when I am. ;) And then after church, I head home and take a Sunday nap or just chillax and read or watch tv.

Well...that's pretty much my week! Though I do make sure that certain nights are reserved for my fave shows: Monday= One Tree Hill, Wednesday= CSI:NY & BONES, Thursday= CSI:the original. :)

4 comments:

Whateverman said...

Hi Amo - I found your blog from having stopped by Kelley's, and wanted to say "Hi".

Grats on the schedule. You make me think I should post mine, though I'll admit it'd be MUCH less entertaining :)

amo (amanda) said...

Hey Whateverman! So glad you stopped by! Yeah, Kel is one of my best friends- she's amazin'.

Kelley said...

Hi Mandy.

I was looking at your profile (Because seriously... Calculus or Blogger? I choose Blogger.) and you totally need to change your Occupation section. Hallmark? Heck no. You worked there for like 3 weeks, and now you have a baller job. Hallmark shouldn't even register on there.

:)

Hope work's fun. Don't forget to iChat me. I want to hear about that creepo chick and the new gym membership.

Kelley said...

YAY!