Monday, August 18, 2008

anyone? anyone? bueller....




Okay, so today was another one of my short lived attempts to watch Ferris Bueller's Day Off. So I've never seen the movie unless you count clips from SCENE IT where you have to guess the name of the actor who plays Ferris... sorry if that messed up anyone's game, by the way. And like once or twice I've walked in on my family watching it, but it's always at the same spot- the part where the car goes backwards. And today, it was the same thing...like Deja Vu. So I go up to the break room to take my lunch break and Kevin (the assistant manager) is eating his lunch and watching it. So i sit down to watch it, but it's on that scene that i've seen so many times, and I don't know what's going on, so I start looking at a Hallmark Magazine sitting on the table, easily distracted from what is going on in the scene i've seen so many times. But I've still never seen the whole movie! I don't understand why, it just always seems to happen that way.

So after I left the break room from watching the car "die" I went to the back hallway to hang out with my co-worker, Janis who was doing inventory on cards. But she's fun and I would rather hang with her than watch Ferris Bueller's day off, in a random part of the movie, with my assistant manager who's kinda awkward. Then I got to thinking about other movies that I haven't made it through... like I start watching it and then I fall asleep. These are some of those movies:




Now seriously, I don't know what it is- these movies aren't terrible, but for some reason i always fall asleep watching them. Every time I try. But there are some great movies that I really want to see, but haven't seen yet because of either lack of cash flow, lack of time, lack of remembering when I get to blockbuster, or lack of getting to blockbuster. Those movies are:

I Am Legend
Reign Over Me
The Nanny Diaries
Fracture
Stop-Loss
Be Kind Rewind
The Other Boleyn Girl
Untraceable
The Pursuit of Happyness
Flags of Our Fathers
Home of the Brave
Pan's Labyrinth
Half Nelson...
and so many more... I love watching movies!

However, I was excited that I got to see THE SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING PANTS 2 on opening day!




I loved it! And hopefully this week or next week, I'm gonna go with Jesselyn, Jessica, and Kelsey (some of my new friends from Westside. Jessica is Pastor Joseph's (Kingdom Kids Pastor) wife and Jesselyn is their niece who is in high school and Kelsey is her friend! I met them all at VBS!

And then, my next big movie celebration will be EAGLE EYE with SHIA LEBEOUF!

No comments: