Wednesday, June 30, 2010

New Fang

Linus and I have something in common: a security blanket.
Granted, his might be an ACTUAL blanket, but now really isn't the time to debate technicalities. ;p



My security blanket actually happens to come in the form of a backpack. I'm definitely a social being and I'm always on the move. Most of the time I'm headed out to hang with friends or to the nearest caffeination station. My handy dandy backpack totes around all the things I might need if I ever got stranded in some random neighborhood for an evening. My laptop, wallet, books, magazines, Clif Bars, toothbrush & toothpaste, pens & Sharpies, phone charger, and other things I keep handy just in case I need to pretend to MacGuyver my way out of a situation.

My current backpack is an OGIO "Transit." I've had this bag for the past 7 years and it's been a faithful companion—until last night when I noticed it finally had a tear in it. *holding back tears* Yes it's true, all good things must come to an end. Last night as I was packing up my stuff in my backpack, I noticed the tear and decided it was big enough that it might do some damage if it ripped any further from wear and tear, and so I should call up OGIO and let them know I needed to order a new one.

You see that orange peeking through?
It's the inside built-in laptop protector sleeve.

The good thing is that I have a Lifetime Warranty for my OGIO bag, so when my original one I'd gotten 10 years ago broke 3 years later, I called OGIO. They said that my particular model of bag had been discontinued but I could choose another from the site. So I chose the Transit bag. It came in the mail the next week . . . free of charge :)

I looked on the site this morning and apparently they don't carry the Transit anymore. So I think I'm gonna go with the "Hip Hop." I would LOVE to replace it with another sling backpack, because I don't like double strap backpacks, but they don't have that I like on the site.


I really like bags with only one strap and kinda miss my messenger bag phase. So I guess it's time to revisit that season. I hope my new bag is here by the time I get back from my trip and I hope my old bag holds up until then!

No comments: