Saturday, October 10, 2009

Free Fallin'

Saturday is beautiful! You know why? Cause you can stay up super late on Friday night and SLEEP IN on Saturday morning! whoo hoo! Unless of course, you have an incredibly adorable 4 year old niece who doesn't quite understand time zones and calls you at 6 a.m. to sing you a song. :D Part of me was like, "I JUST went to sleep 4 hours ago!" And the other part of me was like, "This sucks! I'm too incoherent to enjoy the moment!" I LOVE hearing her voice and as upset as I was that she woke me up so early, I was more upset with myself for not being fully present for her during the phone call . . . I'm PRETTY sure that after the song I was like, "Oh that's great. Good job." and I'm 99% I said it in a groggy "i just woke up" slur. ;) But she is too cute to be upset with, so after listening to her talk and responding with some groggy "mm hmmm"s and "oh. yeah. cool."s, my mom grabbed the phone back and said they would let me go back to sleep. :D

This is her singing the song to me:


Then I got a text from my dad at 10 a.m. and I couldn't go back to bed after that. But that's okay, cause I would have slept all day, given the chance. And I needed to get up, cause today, i got to go to my FIRST EVER Pumpkin Patch!! :D Cindy Jones invited me to tag along with her family and I am so excited that I got to go! :D I had a blast!

I had decided earlier [maybe a bit too early in the morning ;) ] that I wanted the saddest, most pathetic, underdog of a pumpkin from the pumpkin patch. I call this embracing my inner Charlie Brown. :D So I did, and I named her EILEEN . . . cause she's a wee bit unsteady ;)

get it? ei-leen . . . *sigh* i know. i spout corny jokes like they're sonnets . . .

Here are more pics from the day:
This guy kept singing about "If I only had a brain." what a creep. ;)

no breakfast + no lunch = giant hot dog, pumpkin pie, and hot apple cider

Haaaaaaaay!

The cutest barnyard animals ever!

The Jones Family! I LOVE them :D

One of these was once Cinderella's carriage . . .

Joshua and Gareth picking out a wheel barrel for the pumpkins to go in

Attack of the GIANT pumpkins!

"Jefe, would you say I have a PLETHORA of pumpkins??"

Me + Eileen = love at first sight! Taking my baby home! :D

1 comment:

Kelley said...

I think that is one of the craziest pumpkins I've ever seen. It kind of looks like a giant, orange apple.

I'm glad it was so much fun! Looks like the weather was gorgeous...

:D