Friday, October 30, 2009

Tripping Wire


Have you ever been to Chuck E. Cheese?

If you have, what do you remember?

Here's what I remember. I remember going to Chuck E. Cheese and going up front to the stage and my brother and other guy cousins going up to the female robotic character that dances around on the stage and looking up her skirt. No. Lie. Creeps. ;)

I also remember that I never really enjoyed their pizza. And that says a lot. Cause PIZZA is my weakness. And you know, they say that in your weakness, God is strong. And I gotta testify. In my pizza, God is strong! I love pizza. :D

I ate pizza today for lunch. I went to Pagliacci's pizza and ordered my pizza, got my pizza and stood in line to pay. Next to me was this chick who looked like she stepped right out of Sailor Moon. No. Lie. So naturally, I'm thinking . . . day before Halloween, office party, dress up, fun costume. I was a HUGE fan of Sailor Moon when I was a kid. So I did the only rational thing in my brain at the moment and I complimented her.

It went like this:

Me: I LOVE your costume! I was always a fan of Sailor Moon. You really rock the outfit. (all said with a goofy grin only a 6 year old could have)
Her: (looking slightly offended) Um. Thanks, but it's not a costume.
ME: (in an awkward attempt to recover) oh. sorry.

Luckily we were both paying at the time so it was a short conversation, after which I made a bee line for the door.

Okay. Let's get real. I've had awkward moments before. I mean, just last night some chick in a car next to me saw me sniffing my new coffee grounds from Cupcake Royale. I know I'm awkward and crazy stuff happens to me all the time. I get it.

But the look on her face seriously made me feel like I'd just run over her cat or something.

K.Rowe offered me solace. But a word to the wise, unless it's Halloween night, just let it go. just. let. it. go.

No comments: