Sunday, February 14, 2010

All You Need Is Love

Have chalk, will travel. That was my motto this afternoon. I woke up this morning thinking about how much I love my neighborhood and I decided I wanted to do a little art project this afternoon around my neighborhood. I wanted to leave little sayings and encouragements about love, to share the love on this widely celebrated day of love. My friend Sean made a great point this morning on Twitter:

Valentines day is overrated. everyday should be valentines day for your sweetheart!

In some respects, I agree. The fact that I don't have a sweetheart makes it kinda different for me though. However, I figure that instead of wallowing with melancholy in the fact that I am single (as many people I know are), and don't have any people that I'm romantically connected to in my immediate circle of friends, I wouldn't waste an opportunity to share love with people in my neighborhood :D

Here are some little love notes I left around my neighborhood :D










There are more, but in order to see them, you'll just have to take a walk around my neighborhood :D

1 comment:

Kelley said...

This is a great idea. I wish I was in Seattle so I could see the rest of them.

...Besides, if I were in Seattle we could hang out. Eh?