Sunday, April 4, 2010

Beach Comber

Our family reunion has come and gone . . . it's a truly bittersweet moment. Over the course of the past 2 days, I've had tons of laughs, one really good cry, taken in some of the sweetest moments with the nieces, had great conversations with relatives and discovered even more things about myself and my family. We're heading back to Austin today, hopefully under the influence of some strong caffeine. I've really enjoyed the time I've gotten to spend with my mom's side of the family and I'm incredibly grateful to be blessed with such awesome relatives!

Some of the highlights of the trip to Houston have been:

- Meeting up with the fam for the first time in Columbus for lunch and getting to hug everyone :D

- Getting mooned by cousin John while driving into Galveston

- Beach time and laughs with the cousins

- Cracking cascarones on people's heads . . . and inside their pants as they bend over (SNEAK ATTACK!) :D

- Reuniting with my extended family at the community center for the reunion.

- Laughing at pretty much every other statement that came out of my cousin John's mouth . . . he's seriously so freakin' hilarious! No courtesy laughs necessary!

- Hanging in the hotel lobby with Gaylyn and Caitlin

- Game Night with the family and making up bogus answers while playing Last Word

- Grubbin' down on some family favorite foods . . . like:

Broccoli, Rice, and Cheese casserole!!!

It's weekends like this that make me wish I was able to fly home more often. Christmas is sooooo far away. But I guess that just means I will need to write more letters home :D

No comments: