Let's take a moment to talk about some of my favorite Seattle things . . .
1. Local Caffes like Caffe Ladro, Caffe Vivace, Verite Coffee, & The Jewel Box Caffe. Seriously, the local shops work hard to prepare delicious coffee, and it shows. I love the sense of pride the baristas at the shops take in making the coffee not only taste delicious, but look delicious as well. They also get mad crazy awesome points for always having honey on the bar ready for me to stir in.
2. Molly Moons Ice Cream. This is the Seattle answer to Amy's Ice Cream! I love all of their unique flavors and I actually just found out that they are going to start sending out Ice Cream trucks! Insane! I better go hide my wallet right now!
3. Flowers in Seattle. They're gorgeous, okay? They are! They pop with so much color that they make even the gloomiest days seem hopeful.
4. Fireworks. It's a store that sells unique items and a lot of it is super creative—what a haven for me! This is one place I frequent when I'm searching for gifts for my friends & family.
5. Counterbalance Park. It's close to where I work and when I get the chance, I like to sit on the fun bright yellow chairs and enjoy a cup of coffee. I love the way the lights change color and how they light up the neighborhood at night.
6. The AGOG Primo pizza at Pagliacci Pizza. It's fontina and mozzarella cheeses, roasted garlic, mushrooms, fresh tomatoes, goat cheese, parsley and Kalamata olives on an olive oil base, baked to perfection. They may as well call it crack cocaine.
7. Local Art-house Style Theaters. They're so unique and beautiful. There are so many of them here and they all feature movies unique to their neighborhoods! And I'm pretty sure the popcorn is cheaper too! ;)
8. Westside Church. My home church. It's amazing! I love all the people that I get to share life with there. My pastor and his wife are hilarious and the staff inspires me to greatness. I'm honored to be a part of that church family!
9. Easy Street Records. Where music lives. No, really lives. All of the staff KNOWS their stuff and are ready to suggest new music that is actually worth listening to. Plus they host fun Live—In—Store performances fo' frizzle! You can't beat that!
10. King County Metro. I gotta give major props to the metro transit here in Seattle. The bus drivers have to put up with pretty crazy shenanigans but they still maintain a positive attitude and I've even seen a couple hold their tongue even when they had every right to say something about a person's rude behavior toward them. They are truly unsung heroes. Also, the transit system is tracked via GPS and is 95% accurate in accordance with their online Trip Planning site. The service is great, it's relatively cheap transportation, and I can go to so many places all over Seattle just on one monthly bus pass! Love it!