Saturday, May 30, 2009

Human Racing



Because I'm such an award show and pop culture junkie, I wanted to blog today about my nomination choices for tomorrow's MTV MOVIE AWARDS, which I will be watching with pizza and popcorn in hand!

And...the best news of all...the landlady let me move the TV from the downstairs living room (which is being converted into another bedroom) into MY ROOM!! So I got complete DIBS on the TV!! woot!!

I'm posting the category and the nominees and my choice is highlighted in bright blue. Tomorrow after the awards show, I will post the winners in Green and if I got the prediction wrong, it will be red. So, without further adieu.... my choices for the MTV Movie Awards:

BEST MOVIE
The Dark Knight
High School Musical
Iron Man
Slumdog MillionaireTwilight


BEST FEMALE PERFORMANCE
Angelina Jolie [Wanted]
Anne Hathaway [Bride Wars]
Kate Winslet [The Reader]
Kristen Stewart [Twilight]
Taraji P. Henson [The Curious Case of Benjamin Button]


BEST MALE PERFORMANCE
Christian Bale [The Dark Knight]
Robert Downey Jr. [Iron Man]
Shia LaBeouf [Eagle Eye]
Vin Diesel [Fast & Furious]
Zac Efron [High School Musical 3: Senior Year]


BREAKTHROUGH FEMALE PERFORMANCE
Amanda Seyfried [Mamma Mia!]
Ashley Tisdale [High School Musical 3: Senior Year]
Freida Pinto [Slumdog Millionaire]
Kat Dennings [Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist]
Miley Cyrus [Hannah Montana: The Movie]
Vanessa Hudgens [High School Musical 3: Senior Year]


BREAKTHROUGH PERFORMANCE MALE
Ben Barnes [The Chronicles of Narnia]
Bobb'e J. Thompson [Role Models]
Dev Patel [Slumdog Millionaire]
Robert Pattinson [Twilight]
Taylor Lautner [Twilight]


BEST COMEDIC PERFORMANCE
Amy Poehler [Baby Mama]
Anna Faris [The House Bunny]
James Franco [Pineapple Express]
Jim Carrey [Yes Man]
Steve Carrell [Get Smart]


BEST VILLAIN
Derek Mears [Friday the 13th]
Dwayne Johnson [Get Smart]
Heath Ledger [The Dark Knight]
Johnathon Schaech [Prom Night]
Luke Goss [Hellboy II: The Golden Army]


BEST KISS
Angelina Jolie & James McAvoy [Wanted]
Freida Pinto & Dev Patel [Slumdog Millionaire]
James Franco & Sean Penn [Milk]
Kristen Stewart & Robert Pattinson [Twilight]
Paul Rudd & Thomas Lennon [I Love You, Man]
Vanessa Hudgens & Zac Efron [High School Musical 3: Senior Year]


BEST FIGHT
Anne Hathaway vs Kate Hudson // Bridal Cat Fight [Bride Wars]
Christian Bale vs Heath Ledger // Battle Over Gotham [The Dark Knight]
Robert Pattinson vs Cam Gigandet // Vampire Showdown [Twilight]
Ron Perlman vs Luke Goss // Battle in Hell [Hellboy II: The Golden Army]
Seth Rogen and James Franco vs Danny McBride // 3 Way Stoner Fight [Pineapple Express]


BEST WTF MOMENT
Peeing In The Sink // Amy Poehler [Baby Mama]
Curved Bullet Kill // Angelina Jolie [Wanted]
Jumping In The Poop Shed // Ayush Mahesh Khedekar [Slumdog Millionaire]
Tasting Decapitated Head // Ben Stiller [Tropic Thunder]
Naked Breaking Up // Jason Segel and Kristen Bell [Forgetting Sarah Marshall]


BEST SONG FROM A MOVIE
A.R. Rahman // "Jai Ho" // Slumdog Millionaire
Bruce Springsteen // "The Wrestler" // The Wrestler
Miley Cyrus // "The Climb" // Hannah Montana: The Movie
Paramore // "Decode" // Twilight


MY PERSONAL PRE-SHOW TAKE
With this being the MTV Movie Awards you gotta know that it's a GIANT popularity contest. So although it won't deserve EVERY award that it and its stars will receive, Twilight is bound to SWEEP the show. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Twilight...but I also know that it's most likely going to win Best Movie...although I'm pretty sure that Slumdog Millionaire should be the winner. C'mon 8 Oscars...can't be wrong. ;) So it WILL be a Twilight sweep I'm sure, but I must say that if Rob Pattinson & Cam Gigandet beat out The Dark Knight...I'm gonna be pissed. :(

PS: Who's excited about ANDY SAMBERG hosting the show? I AM!!!
---------------------------------

MY POST-SHOW TAKE
So Twilight DID sweep the awards...and YES... I AM pissed about The Dark Knight losing to Twilight for best fight. Seriously. just...seriously. The Dark Knight guys...much better. However, I will admit that the intro to the show that Andy Samberg did was phenomenal! And my favorite part—Kristen Stewart dropping her award! HILARIOUS! 


And Jim Carrey's acceptance speech was hilarious too! Overall a pretty okay show...I've liked the previous ones better, but the overdose of Robert Pattinson has made up for it all :D

No comments: