Friday, August 28, 2009

In Smithereens, The Search For Affinity

Amanda here, reporting live from the Apple Store in University Village (U Village) . . .


I JUST BOUGHT SNOW LEOPARD!

woo hoo! I'm soooo stoked! A more efficient operating system for my beloved beauty of a laptop? Don't mind if I do! :D I've heard mixed reviews about it today so after I do all the install stuff, I'll let ya know how it all goes.

Wow!

So many things to report as of late.

1. I bought a plaid shirt!


I know what you're thinking, "don't they wear plaid in Texas?" Yes. yes they do. They also wear huge belt buckles, but that doesn't appeal to me either. And most of the time when they're wearing plaid, it's tucked into jeans so as not to defer the attention away from said belt buckle. It's so different wearing plaid up here in Seattle. There's such a hip vibe from the various stylings of the plaid top combo here. I've been wanting one for a while, and now i have one! And I REALLY like it! I've been on a yellow shirt kick as of late, so it's grand :D


2. Reading Rainbow is no more. :(


And my world slowly crumbles, as I can no longer roll over in my bed on Saturday mornings, turn on the TV and hope to stumble across a new episode that encourages me to

TAKE A LOOK, IT'S IN A BOOK, THE READING RAINBOW . . .

My voracious appetite for reading can be traced back to many episodes of Reading Rainbow. I can still hear the voice of the man narrating KNOTS ON A COUNTING ROPE. Alas, I shall simply have to make up for it by buying more books. . . so maybe it's not such a terrible thing after all.

Though I must add, having been a 'teacher' in various capacities and reading over essays with ATROCIOUS grammar and spelling, it does sadden me that an already crumbling education system doesn't have the outsourcing that is Reading Rainbow. Heck, I know some 25 year olds who could benefit from a few hours with Lavar Burton.


3. Snow Leopard is mine!


That's right, it's mine!! And I can't wait to install it! My Friday evening will consist of cleaning up (thanks to Don for sharing THIS article) and revamping my laptop and installing SNOW LEOPARD! I love my Mac! And I love all that my Mac can do! And if my Mac was a guy, I'd marry him! Alas, I shall simply have to hunt down a suitor who is as madly in love with Macs as I am. . .

4. My niece started Pre-K!

my 'babycakes' is growin' up *sigh*

For a while her parents weren't sure if they were going to "bother" with enrolling her in school and OH HAPPY DAY—they DID!! I cannot tell you how much I value education. Even if it is at a ghetto school in the projects. . . we'll work to get her to a better school soon! But for Pre-K, I'm pretty alright with it. :D

5. TV Premieres are just around the corner!!

Which ones have made my "TV Show Schedule?"
These ones:


(Bones)


(Lie To Me)


(One Tree Hill)


(CSI:NY)

No comments: