Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Foolish Games

Do you ever have those moments where you legitimately feel cheated? Like someone is actually sitting in an office wondering how exactly they can 'hose' you and get a good laugh out of it? I wonder if there's an award for such cruel tomfoolery. If so, I'd like to nominate the people at GlaxoSmithKline, the distributors of Contac Cold & Flu.

(don't let the simple packaging fool you, they're sneaky snakes.)

So last night I started developing a little bit of a cold. Standing out in the cold for an extra 30 mins waiting to get into a concert I had won free tickets to didn't help . . .

. . . it did however, present an opportunity for a good laugh. Saw this guy standing in line and it took EVERYTHING in me not to just pants the guy. I mean seriously, if that's not an open invitation for a good pantsing, I don't know what is!


. . . Anyway, back to the story. So my housemate Amanda and I had to leave early cause I was feeling dizzy, feverish, and just plain sick. :( Needless to say, once I got home, I was ready to call it a night. I put my head to my pillow and I was out cold (pun kind of intended)! This morning after my dentist appointment, I decided to stop by the store and get some hot soup and meds to help me get over this thing pronto. The cheapest option was the Contac Cold/Flu meds (and it wasn't entirely cheap either, but I can't justify spending upwards of 25 bucks on OTC meds). So I bought the cold/flu medicine and got home, opened the box to take the pills and voila, I realized that someone forgot to include 2 more doses of the meds!


You see that? There's totally room for 2 more! Now I'm not a pharmacist, so I may be in the wrong, but unless the pills are the type that don't play well together, they shouldn't have so much space separating them. Then again, if they don't play well together, then the packaging logic does make sense. However, it doesn't change the fact that I opened it and thought,

"Awww. Two doses were voted off the island!! I bet it was that freakin'
smoke monster—what a jerk!"

No comments: