Thursday, May 6, 2010

Hey, Soul Sister

If my life was a movie (which I'm pretty sure it could be), this would be a snippet from it:



No seriously, this has actually happened to me. Okay, you know that song by Train called HEY SOUL SISTER?? My friend Kelley recommended it to me, and at the time, I watched the music video and I was like, "I really don't like it. It's not my style. blah. blah. blah." I seriously thought it was one of the most annoying songs. Almost as annoying as that FIREFLIES song . . .

(Side note: GO READ THIS BLOG POST BY THE JIGGLES PUFF about Adam Young from Owl City. It's legit stuff)

. . . I just could not get into that song. It was too much of a "kill-me-with-kindness-and-lovely-dovey-bubbles-while-hugging-a-kitten" pop song. But in the end, the song won me over and it was added to my iTunes in a few short clicks. And then I started recommending it to others. I dunno. Maybe that song is infused with the same sauce they put in Jack In The Box tacos to make them so ridiculously addicting. Or maybe I am finally embracing the fact that as indie-punk-rock as I try to be, I cannot escape the grasp of a truly good song with a pretty great hook.

So day in and day out you can find me blasting HEY, SOUL SISTER on my iPod and bobbing my head along to the sweet beat . . . much like the chick from the upcoming movie, EASY A, in the video above.

PS: When that movie comes out, I'm TOTALLY gonna be there! I may even pull a midnight showing. I don't think I've ever seen a snippet from a movie and felt such a connection to a character before! Well, I mean, unless you count the snippet from The Lord Of The Rings: Return Of The King when Sam Wise Gamgee carries Frodo on his back to take the ring back to Mordor. But other than that, nothing's come so close. . . . Okay okay, so maybe I could include that scene from The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe: Prince Caspian when Susan kisses Prince Caspian even though she's like 1300 years older than him—that happens to me ALL THE TIME! :|

PPS: As if I needed an EXTRA reason to watch EASY A—Stanley Tucci is going to be in it. For the longest time, my FAVORITE ACTOR has been Tom Hanks, but for a while now, it's been a steady tie between Tom and Stanley Tucci. Both stellar actors, in my opinion.

PPPS: Here's the music video for HEY, SOUL SISTER. When you get addicted, don't say I didn't warn you.

2 comments:

Alisa said...

addicted after only one time - love it.

amo (amanda) said...

I knew it!! The catchy power of that song is RELENTLESS!!! ;)