Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Love Is Worth The Fall


I think it's safe to say it's been a pretty eventful morning. . .

I had a dream that I was a secret spy agent pulling a recon mission and a bomb was about to go off. The fact that one of my alarm clocks is a high pitched beeping noise doesn't help when you're subconsciously fearing for your life. So I shot up in bed, took a look around, and then got up to turn off my alarm . . . while giving it the stare-down for nearly killing me. ;)

Then I hurried to get dressed and ready for work, and went up to the kitchen to grab some food for lunch. Then I looked at the sink and was reminded that I needed to wash them, since I hadn't the night before. So I did.

As I was rushing to get out the door (since I hadn't planned on the time it took to do the dishes) I was putting on my shoes.


Now, something you should know: I don't tie my shoes every morning. I leave them tied and slip them off when I get home and slip them back on when I head out the door. Usually it's no problem, except for (1) I was in a rush to get out the door, (2) I was still in the waking up process, (3) I had my backpack on and had another bag on my shoulder with all my lunch stuff and other things I needed to bring to the office today, (3) forgot to lean against the wall as I put them on. Therefore, I fell over. It was funny. You can laugh. ;) The ironic part is that I was listening to Paramore's I CAUGHT MYSELF as I was falling over. Needless to say, I didn't quite catch myself.

Then, I walked to the bus stop and I was PRETTY SURE I was the only one at the stop. So I start singing out loud "SINCE U BEEN GONE" by Kelley Clarkson . . . and by loud I mean "singing in your shower as if no one can hear you" loud. So then I turn around and there's this business guy who apparently had walked up to the bus stop just as I'd gotten into the chorus. So I stopped, looked down and pretended I had musical turrets. He had a huge smile on his face. What can I say, just doing my part to make the world a funner place. ;)

So then I got on the bus, swiped my bus pass and heard the "access denied" beep when I did. I looked at my card and it was the one from August, not the new September one I bought for today and the rest of the month. Luckily, the bus driver understood and let me ride for free. :D

As I'm riding the bus to downtown, I fall asleep (this is not a new occurrence). And as we pull into the downtown area, the lady on the bus next to me wakes me up and says, "We're downtown. Make sure you don't miss your stop." I kindly said thank you. She was sweet. She also has no idea how weird my sleep patterns are on the bus.

Then I get to Caffe Ladro for my morning latte and as I walk in, KARMA CHAMELEON is playing and Susan grabs a mug and says good morning to me as she makes my usual. She hands me the latte and says, "Wow. This is my best one by far." referring to the coffee art. So I wanted to share it with you guys:


il est beau, non ?

And as I was writing letters and getting some other projects done with a little caffeine jolt, THE FINAL COUNTDOWN comes on and I look over at Dustin getting his groove on and I'm so thankful that I'm not the only one who does silly things in public.

No comments: