Monday, September 22, 2008

I'm A Little Bit Country, But A Whole Lotta Rock And Roll

Okay, so I know that by posting this, I kinda take a blow to my known association of being a fan of awesome Alternative Rock Bands like Foo Fighters, Jack's Mannequin, and Paramore... but if I have one weakness, it's the need to get a fix for "early Christmas anticipation" by listening to songs from the Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton TV special: A Christmas To Remember. I remember watching it a few Christmas' in a row while I was growing up, and after a while, just kind of forgot about it, but now I think about it often.




Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton's: A Christmas To Remember is a TV special based off of the songs from their album ONCE UPON A CHRISTMAS. And I must admit that last night, as I got antsy thinking about Christmas decorations (sad, i know...) I couldn't help but listen to the whole album before I went to bed. Ha hahahahahaha! It's true!




And I know it's kinda justifiable because I'm from Texas, but all growing up, I've fought against the sterotype of Austinites being country hicks who ride horses and blast country music from their double wides... but i am occasionally, a sucker for country music. It's true.

And I think what is so extra funny about this whole thing is that I'm so desperately anticipating Christmas here in Seattle. Like, already thinking about how I want to decorate the house and the outside, and what kind of Christmas tree theme to do, and what kind of presents to get my housemates, and what to put in their stockings and what to cook for the big Christmas feast! AND IT'S NOT EVEN OFFICIALLY OCTOBER YET!

Oh boy oh boy. Well, in honor of the upcoming holidays, here are some song suggestions to ease your anxiety if you are also anticipating Christmas like I am:

- The entire CD of Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton's ONCE UPON A CHRISTMAS
- O Holy Night by Stacie Orrico
- All I Want for Christmas Is You by Mariah Carey
- The Chipmunks Christmas Song
- My Favorite Things by Tony Bennett (thanks, kel!)
- Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas by Judy Garland

ho ho ho ho ho!

3 comments:

Kelley said...

Yes! Nabbed a Blog mention!

I like Christmas music, too. Sad day, my entire James Taylor at Christmas album was lost when my old laptop got stolen, along with all my other way-so-totally-rad Christmas music (including Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) performed by DCFC. Suck!) Time to start reaccumulating I guess...

Anonymous said...

I'm not a big Christmas music fan. I used to work at a retail clothing store that played SO MUCH of it. It drove me nuts and now I can't stand Christmas music. I'm kind of a Grinch I guess.

amo (amanda) said...

hahahaha! well y'know brian.. there's a song about the grinch... ;) no, that's totally understandable. :)