Saturday, December 20, 2008

Music For the Masses

Okay, so since I'm feeling completely random right now (must be the coffee), I'm gonna post up 6 new songs that I recently added to my iTunes that I've just fallen in love with. Recently I've been trying to branch out and try different types of songs and so I'm hoping that there's a little something for everyone here.

1. STACY CLARK : Matter of Time

- Andrew McMahan from Jack's Mannequin recently did an interview, and gave Stacy a lot of praise for her vocals and her songwriting. She sang with J.M. on one of the songs off of The Glass Passenger album. So I looked her up, and I found I actually really like this one song she does. It's called Matter of Time. I think the thing I love the most is that it's so spastic! Naturally, I'm not a fan of electronica type music, but I went out on a limb with this one and I wasn't disappointed. Enjoy!




2. COPELAND : The Last Time He Saw Dorie

- In my true emo fashion, this song is just so mellow and so emotional, I love it! It's a very calming song and sometimes I listen to it when it's been a long day and I'm trying to "put myself to sleep," which I actually do a lot. ha! A big thanks to Kelley Rowe, who shared this song with me!




3. EVERYDAY SUNDAY : I Won't Give Up

- A great Christian group that has some awesomely honest lyrics. When Kelley first showed me this song, I didn't even know they were a Christian band.

I Won't Give Up - Everyday Sunday




4. LYDIA : Stay Awake

- I'm pretty sure I've referenced Lydia to others before because I just love their stuff. This is my favorite song by them. It's so passionate and then they just rock it out! I listen to this one A LOT!




5. PARAMORE : My Heart

- Can I just say that I love the way lead singer Hayley Williams just rocks out? Cause I did...and I do! Such a passionate song that just...ROCKS!




6. T.I. featuring RIHANNA : Live Your Life

- This is like, my new guilty pleasure. I'm totally not the hip-hop appreciation branch of my family- that's totally my brother! But once I got this song, it was just on repeat non-stop...and I still listen to it so much! It's really fun, upbeat and positive. I can't stop dancing to this song...seriously. I'll be standing at the bus stop listening to this on my iPod and just bouncing up and down...i'm sure everyone driving by is like- "Who is that moron?" ha!




I hope you guys enjoy some new music! :D

PS: IF YOU GUYS HAVE ANY NEW MUSIC YOU'D LIKE TO SUGGEST, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO DO SO! I'M ALWAYS LOOKING FOR NEW TUNES! :D

No comments: