Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Show Must Go On

I decided today that since Christmas movies are playing non-stop on TV and the Christmas songs are blasting in the stores, I may as well take a moment to share with you all MY FAVORITE CHRISTMAS MOVIES. I really only have 5 favorites, so I'll share them with you here!

1. THE POLAR EXPRESS



Okay so this came out in 2004, which means I was 23 when I saw it. And I felt like a kid again after seeing it. It was made so intricately and so astonishingly well. I got the DVD for Christmas the year it came out and was soooo excited! And then I bought it again a few months ago because they re-released it in 3D! If you can afford it, go get the 3D version! It's so cool!

--- My Favorite Line From The Movie---
"The thing about trains... it doesn't matter where they're going. What matters is deciding to get on. "


2. RUDOLPH THE RED NOSED REINDEER



This used to be my #1 before THE POLAR EXPRESS. I don't know what it is, but I love stop motion animation just makes me smile. It's old-school, but it's still awesome!

--- My Favorite Line From The Movie---
"That's why I'm a misfit toy. My name is all wrong. No child wants to play with a Charlie-In-The-Box so I had to come here. "


3. BABES IN TOYLAND

Here's where it gets tricky...

I'm not talking about the traditional Babes In Toyland with Annette Funicello. No, you see, in 1986, there was a Made-For-TV Remake of Babes in Toyland and I fell in love with it! What's funny is that I've tried for years to convince my brother that it exists...and I still don't think he believes me. Well, if he checks out my blog, then he'll know. ;)



And yes, that is a young Keanu Reeves! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

I really love the CINCINNATI song they sing in it too! And I love that it's got a twist on the original. :D

--- My Favorite Line From The Movie---
"Why don't you keep your business out of other people's noses? I think I wrote that down wrong, but you know what I mean."



4. RUDOLPH'S SHINY NEW YEAR



This is a follow up to Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer! Again, it's got the stop-motion animation that I love and it introduces some funny new characters. I remember seeing it as a kid and wanting to visit the Archipelago Islands and experience life in all the different years! This movie makes me smile a lot!

--- My Favorite Line From The Movie---
"Those Ears!! Those Ears!! Those Ears!!!"


5. SCROOGED



This is my FAVORITE version of the Christmas Carol story! It's so dark and comedic! Bill Murray is totally nuts in it!! And I love Carol Kane's performance as the Ghost of Christmas Present. And Bobcat Goldthwait is hilarious in it too! I really love the twist it gives to one of the most traditional stories for Christmastime.


----------------------

Okay, well that's my list. What are some of your favorites???

No comments: