Thursday, January 14, 2010

Moment Of Surrender


I got a present for myself yesterday and it's QUITE delightful!

It's a french press! :D

I also bought some of my favorite coffee to go in it—
Starbucks Casi Cielo blend.

It's seriously so yum!

The first time I ever had coffee in a french press was by accident. I was at the Starbucks in Ballard one day and I wanted just regular drip coffee. I saw that there was a new blend on the board and it was called Casi Cielo. I asked for a cup of it. The barista said that they didn't have it in the pre-brewed dispenser, but if I was willing to wait a couple minutes, he would make me a french press of it for free, and that it was enough for two cups, as opposed to one. Being the coffee lover I am, I waited for the french press Casi Cielo. It was SO delicious!!! It's so rich and has a fresher taste than drip. I was sold on it after the first few sips :) I've been meaning to get a french press of my own for almost 6 months now, but I've continued to push it to the back-burner until a more opportune time (financially) and it came! I am now the proud owner of a beautiful device that makes delicious rich coffee :) Now I just just have to buy other blends to try in it. My top 5 favorite coffee blends that I will try in it:

5. Starbucks Espresso Roast

4. Caffe Vivace Espresso Dolce Blend

3. Starbucks Pike Place Special Reserve

2. Caffe Ladro Queen Anne Blend

1. Stumptown Hairbender Blend

No comments: