Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Whatcha Say

Great news! I got to borrow Gina's guitar to record 2 new songs! Well, one is old but I recorded it for the first time. The other is a new one that I'm actually going to re-record because it didn't turn out quite the way I wanted it to, but I'll post it eventually. :D

After posting about singing Mayday for my co-workers at our office holiday party, (see here) a handful of friends and family have asked to hear it. So, I figured I would oblige and post it here today.

Again, I'm NOT a singer, just a writer, but it's very therapeutic for me to share these songs that I've written with you, my readers :D

I hope it speaks to you in some way.





MAYDAY

Chorus:
Mayday. Mayday.
You say Everyone's as comfortable as you
But baby
Someday
You'll see that tomorrow is up to you

Fingers on the smoking gun
Everyone is trying to run
Away
Let the rhythm take control
Take you to a place where you know
There's a star, a ray of hope
and everyone's the same

Chorus

Laser lights and telegrams
Try to define who I am
Alright. Alright.
Let the damage take it's toll
Move beyond and then you know
There's a goal, a common thread
and everyone's alive

The tracks for trains racing away
They call you melancholy
But every day is a brand new way
and your chance to sway and

Chorus

Tomorrow's up to you
And you know just what to do.

No comments: