Wednesday, March 24, 2010

GUEST BLOG: How To Save A Life

Hello everyone!

Well today is a REALLY busy day and I won't have time to write a quality entry, so I've asked my friend Kelley (The Blog) to write a guest blog entry!

I'll be back in blog land tomorrow!

Love,
Amo




If you could save a life by swabbing the inside of your cheek, would you do it?


The National Marrow Donor Program, the national bone marrow registry, can let you do that.

No shots.

No needles.*

No stinky alcohol wipes.

All you have to do is rub a Q-tip around inside your mouth.

And it's free.

Exercise your mouse-clicking powers on these links:

Educate yourself.

Join the registry now and order your donor kit (this is the swabby part.)

Or look for a registration and donation drive in your area.

So, what happens if you're a match?

Is your eggo prego? Check out umbilical cord blood donation.

Find other ways to get involved.


Please, please consider joining the registry. But don't just consider it. Do it. Please. Be a Q-tip Hero.

You + Q-Tip = Curing Cancer


P.S. My birthday is April 20th. Order your kit between now and then and we can call it my Birthday present. (...Because you were totally going to get me a Birthday present, right? That's what I thought.)

* Well, okay, if you're a match and you choose to donate there will be needles involved. But you can cross that bridge when you come to it. In the mean time, all it takes is a Q-tip. And come on, faced with the opportunity to save another human being's life, I'm pretty sure that in the moment you'll do the right thing, needles and all.

Note: This post is cross-blogged from my own blog. And speaking of my blog, Amanda already linked to my Blogger profile above, but - as you'll see if you try to click it - my blog is "private." Private doesn't mean you can't read it, though! If you ever want to check it out all you have to do is shoot me an email at kelleyarowe(at)gmail(dot)com and let me know. I'll add you to the reader's list and you'll receive a verification e-mail from Blogger letting you know you're approved. Annoying, but not too painful I hope. -Kelley

No comments: