Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Funny Face

So I finally got a chance to watch this previous week's episode of Saturday Night Live on Hulu. I gotta admit, I've never really seen Zach Galifianakis in a movie before . . . unless you count the trailer for The Hangover. I'm pretty sure I need to see The Hangover, STAT though. Zach Galifianakis was hilarious!

Here is his opening monologue was PERFECT! His stage presence, charisma, and short joke jabs are totally my style.

Sometimes I think about how great it would be to be a stand-up comedian. But then you have to know that what is funny to a small handful of people, may not necessarily be hilarious to a large audience that will keep you employed. So I tend to stick to small scale comedy. You know, the kind where you tell a joke and your friends give you the pity laugh accompanied by the slight eye roll that says, "Oh no. Here she goes again." ;p

I love making others laugh, but I KNOW that I was not made for stand-up comedy. I just wasn't. I was totally made for small group comedy . . . you know, like 4 or 5 people.

1 to give the courtesy laugh

1 to give the "that was really funny but i don't know why" laugh

1 to laugh at someone else's laugh, thus making it seem they're originally laughing at you

1 to laugh at something they were thinking instead of listening to your bomb of a joke

and 1 to genuinely laugh. Just because they like to laugh.

yep, that's my kinda crowd ;) jk. I really do think I have some good jokes—not ALL, mind you, but a good handful.

But SNL has some of my favorite comedians: Kristen Wiig, Amy Poehler (used to be on the show), Fred Armisen, Will Forte, Seth Meyers, and Jason Sudeikis. They just crack me up!

So to show you the humor i love, here is Zach's opening monologue:



and as a Bonus Plus, here is one of my favorite series of sketches. ANY TIME, and I do mean ANY TIME I watch Fred Armisen portray Patterson, i crack up laughing. And I'm known on occasion to respond to random questions with, "New Jersey!!" (no really, just ask Kelley)

No comments: