Friday, March 19, 2010

Sing It Out

I think we've established that I've got a wonderfully quirky side, right? Right. I thought so.

In that case, it should come as no surprise to you that I do wonderfully quirky things on a daily basis. Things like singing along to the songs playing on my iPod while I'm waiting at bus stops or walking to and from places. What can I say, I love music and I love singing. I really love when a song comes on my iPod that is the perfect song for the mood or what I'm looking at. For instance, one morning I was riding the bus to work and Hello Seattle came on just as I looked over and saw Puget Sound peeking through, waves glimmering in the morning sun between streets. It was gorgeous, and the song was perfect.

For the record, I've gotten NUMEROUS texts and Facebook messages from friends here who have seen me walking from one place to another or standing at a bus stop playing air guitar and/or singing to the music coming through my headphones. I like that a lot—both doing those things and getting those texts. Is it a bit embarrassing, yeah a little. But it's cool because though they may seem mildly embarrassing to me at first, the smidge of embarrassment is quickly dissipated when they tell me that it made them laugh/smile.

With that, I thought I'd share some of the tunes that have been playing in heavy rotation on my iPeezy as of late:

1. AMBULANCE by EISLEY



2. CASUALTY by CAMERA CAN'T LIE



3. DREAM CITY by FREE ENERGY



4. TIMES by TENTH AVENUE NORTH



5. GOLD GUNS GIRLS by METRIC

Is not "embeddable" :( and I really only like the acoustic version . . . so if you want to hear the acoustic version, click on THIS LINK.

It's been a nice mix lately! And if you happen to be in the area, be on the lookout for the quirky mexican chick rockin' the air guitar at the bus stop! ;p

No comments: