Thursday, March 25, 2010

Don't You (Forget About Me)

I'm back in blogtopia folks!!

This past week has been pretty "go—go—go" and I'm finally at a point where I can really unwind. :) I was able to meet our press deadlines for our two latest journals, which is a pretty big deal for me because I seriously had about 3 days to make one of them press-ready and it was kind of hectic. But I love to test my limits and push myself, and now I feel pretty accomplished. Tomorrow should prove to be a slower day, though, and that's also a really good thing! :)

In an attempt to unwind from today's adrenaline rush, I've been watching funny videos on YouTube :D I think I hit the jackpot when I found a collection of AMC commercials advertising Forrest Gump, in which they created movie trailers for it in different genres. They are still making me laugh!










In other news, I'm going to be home in one week! I still have so much to do. I told a friend of mine that I was already shopping for gifts to take home to my family and she thought it was silly that I would start planning for my trip 2 weeks out. But here's the thing, I'm a procrastinator when it comes to that sort of stuff. Seriously. Like, I generally don't even pack 'til the night before and even then, I'm really slow about it and I get distracted. So, come 1:30 a.m. the day OF my red-eye flight, I'd normally be saying to myself,

"Crap! I forgot to get that _______ for _________! Great.
Now they'll be the only one I didn't get a gift for. How awkward."

Trust me, it happens more often than you think. So I like to plan things out so that I don't leave anyone out. That's like, the worst feeling in the world to me.

Tomorrow I get off of work early and I'm going to get the rest of my family gifts, that way they're all in my room, ready to be packed! Next week will be another busy week, since I only have 3 days to get things ready for a big mail-out after I get back from my trip. Plus, I have a lot of stuff going on in the evenings as well.

PS: I can't wait to go to the beach!!!!!!!!! :D

No comments: