Wednesday, February 11, 2009

If I Could Make A Living



So I woke up early this morning to eat breakfast, iron my clothes, etcetera etcetera because I got a callback yesterday from the Residence Inn Marriott Hotel down by south Lake Union area! It's for the Front Desk Clerk position and it pays $10.25 an hour with some awesome benefits! The interview went really well and I was really pleased with the positivity that came from the interviewer when it was all done. I should find out by Thursday if I got the job or not...so...that's tomorrow. :D Then, after I got done with the interview, I walked across the street to the Marina and took a walk on the pier for some quiet time and just to stand amazed at how awesome God was for providing a sliver of hope in such a seemingly hopeless time.

Since I quit my last job, I've gotten told left and right that I'm probably not going to find a job and that I should be worried that I won't get a job and I get the "Good Luck" that comes with apprehension in the tone and the eyes that look sorry for me. But I've come to the conclusion...that if God has helped me every step along the way with this big move and with so many other things in my life...I highly doubt He's gonna bail on me right now. I know that our economy is spiraling down and that unlike the SNL Bjork skit, we can't pay for things with clouds. But I'm hopeful and I'm secure in the fact that as long as I'm doing EVERY SINGLE THING I can on my end, God's gonna come through on His end. Yeah, I know...it takes a lot of faith and a lot of trust...and believe me...I'm gripping onto those tightly! :D

As I was walking down the pier, I got another call from a lady that works for a small publication called the PRESENT TIMES, which focuses on "co-counseling" and fighting racism. The job opening is for a layout and production assistant, so I will be making corrections to edited articles and working with InDesign to process their publications. This job pays $11-13 an hour but doesn't have as many benefits. But working in journalism and publications is a love of mine. I should know by the end of the week if I got the job.

Obviously there are so many things I need to look up and research before jumping into either job, but in the meantime, I'm still putting in applications at various local places and through craigslist. :D And I'm still believing and hoping and praying for the right door to open and for the guts to walk through it :D

Here's some pictures I took while walking around today! :



No comments: