Saturday, February 21, 2009

Dancing Dirt Into The Snow


Great news everyone! The 2010 Winter Olympic Games are coming to VANCOUVER, BC!!! That's like 3 hours away from where I live!! woot!! I was telling my friend that if it's that close to where I live and I don't at least make a genuine effort to go...I'm a moron!

Of course, with my luck, if I DID go, I'd probably trip and fall down a slope or something... the news report would go something like this:

AND TODAY, REPORTING FROM THE 2010 WINTER GAMES, WE HAVE SOME POOR CLUMSY MEXICAN GIRL FALLING DOWN A SLOPE AND LANDING FACE FIRST IN MOOSE POOP!"

cue awkward footage of me, stumbling to my feet, yelling, "I'm okay guys! Nothing to see here! I'm good! That'll be $5 from each of you... comedy comes with a cost...if you laughed, pay up... hahahahaha...kidding...kidding...okay...i'm done."

Really.

I don't think I'd be able to go to the Opening Ceremonies...which would be phenomenal... but would also set me back $1,118. I mean...they better be handing out gold medals to attendees in the stands for that price! ;)

But I wouldn't mind going to some of the individual competitions. I mean, I wouldn't mind BEING in them either...if I had the talent and skill. I decided to make a parody of the priceless master card thingies after thinking about the 3 that I would choose to attend:
FIGURE SKATING


SNOWBOARDING


and LUGE.


They're much cheaper than going to the whole thing...and really they're the only ones I care about. But I'm going to be looking into attending and stuff...i mean, it's still a year away..and with the way the economy is going, they might just lower the prices... wink wink. yeah, i doubt it too. :D

1 comment:

Kelley said...

I'm so jealous. You'll have such an amazing time if you go. Fingers crossed.

:D