Friday, February 6, 2009

Ungodly Hour

Well, I'm here in the break room at the Washington State Convention Center, having finished up working yet another Event Force. I was so honored to have been asked to jump on board with Master's Commission of Austin to work this conference. I got good money for easy jobs...which is very hard to come by. I've learned so many things this past week. It's been a quite enjoyable experience and though I'm sad to see the MCAustin team leave, I'm excited that I will get to see them again in 5 more months when they graduate! :D I've made new friends and many new acquaintances here, as well as connecting with some familiar faces. The only big complaint I had is that the coffee they served throughout the convention and in the break room was TULLY'S coffee...not Starbucks. :( boo. But it was fun being a room monitor and getting to brighten peoples' days. But now it's all over...and I'm heading back to the hotel once I get to say goodbye to some of the MC team. They have really worked so hard and it's been fun hanging with them around downtown Seattle and at the Executive Lounge in my hotel. In other news, I am still looking for a full time job. I have gotten back a few emails from different companies that I've sent resumes to saying that they are processing applications...so I'll have to wait to see how that pans out. In the meantime, I will be going tomorrow afternoon to various places around home where I can apply... like at the Northgate Mall or at Barnes and Noble or something. :D I guess I will check back in with you guys more tomorrow. I would go into more detail, but I am under rule of the company that hired us out to keep confidentiality about things here. But who knows what adventure awaits me tomorrow. :D

I did get to start reading a good new book that P.Dan let me borrow. It's called THE HIDDEN POWER OF ELECTRONIC CULTURE by Shane Hipps (and no, they don't lie ... hahahahahaha!!)

1 comment:

Kelley said...

Neither do mine.

Er...

What?