Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Just My Imagination

You wanna know what's amazing?


TIM BURTON directing a remake of ALICE IN WONDERLAND...
that's what!

Yes indeedy, my hopes and wishes have come true! The genius of vivid oddity has unleashed his genius creativity and is bringing some freshness to the one story that was made spectacular by Disney. I've seen a few remakes and they've been so blah I've changed the channel after like 10 minutes. And some, I've avoided because I was disappointed in the trailer for it...seriously people. If you're gonna take on the magical world that Lewis Carrol created, you better take it to the next level! I'm pretty sure good 'ol Lew wasn't imagining some old guy in a cap made of foam when he penned Alice's Adventures in Wonderland...

I'm pretty sure the word ADVENTURE is in the title for a reason. And who better to bring it to life than Tim Burton? I LOVE his work! He's so out there and just not afraid to put texture and pizazz on things. And the fact that he's got Johnny Depp, Helena Bonham Carter and Anne Hathaway all pizzazed up puts a huge smile on my face. And hello...Alan Rickman for the Caterpillar? GENIUS!

I'm so stoked and I can't wait to see this!
Here is a link where you can see more of the released photos and more info about the upcoming film. ----> CLICK HERE

and a HUGE THANK YOU to Joy for tweeting about this! :D

2 comments:

Joy.Mac said...

wanna know how i found out? Morgan the Norwegian has been tweeting alot in Norwegian instead of English so i clicked on one of one tweet links... which took me to some norwegian page about the Ting Tings... but on the sidebar was this colorful Johnny Depp-like face.... *click* and behold my fondest of dreams coming true.... a SEQUEL to Alice's adventures with all of my favorite actors ta'boot.

it is in fact a glorious day! ... but a shame i will have to wait until march of 2010.

Brian Spessard said...

I am looking forward to the Tim Burton version of "Alice" as well. It's sure to be an excellent production.