Monday, June 15, 2009

She


It's time for yet another installment of Q & A with Amanda!!! :D Thank you thank you so much for continuing to send in questions, and as always, feel free to keep sending them. I'll probably do this little installment as often as I get questions. Right now I have a few stored up, so here

What was your favorite toy when you were a kid?
Hmm. Well, here's the thing, I was in LOVE with Legos when I was a kid, but I never had any of my own. :( I always wanted some, but I never got any. In fact, there have been times where I'll go shopping at Target or Toys R Us and I'll be REALLY tempted to buy Legos. Ohh... that reminds me! Okay, so this past Sunday, our pastor spoke about being connected to one another and handed out Legos to everyone, but at the end of the service we didn't get to keep them, we used them to build a house thingie on a table in the foyer, and it was SO hard for me to let the Lego go. Mildly hilarious. Mildly sad. You be the judge. ;)

Do you ever get jealous of people?
Yes. Often actually. A lot of my relationships with people have been ruined early on because I've been insanely jealous. I have good days and bad days, just like anyone else. I suppose it would be nice to give an example, eh? Hmmm. Let me think... Okay, so the other day I saw this dude with an iPhone and I really really wanted it. I get jealous of a lot of possessions. I'm actually quite materialistic...and I have to work on telling myself that I'll be okay without those things.

I know you have some OCD things you do and I think you should share them.
Okay, so this isn't really a question, but I figured I'd indulge my friend with this one. Gosh. Where do I even start? Okay, so here's an obvious one that a LOT of people know, but you might not, who knows? Okay. So, when I order coffee to-go, whether it's from Starbucks, Caffe Ladro, wherever... I HAVE to have the logo on the cup, the logo on the sleeve, and the mouth opening of the lid all centered and facing me. I can't tell you why...I just do.


Another one that I'll share is when I sit down at a table, and I take out my cell phone and put it on the table, It HAS to be straight up and down, and if someone turns it diagonally, I'll stop what I"m doing and turn it back "the right way." Again, I cannot tell you why. I just do. That's how I roll. Maybe I'll post more later, but that's all for now. :D

Have you ever thought about leaving Seattle to move back to Austin?
Many many times. I think if anyone ever thought that making such a big change—moving from one place to another—is easy, is completely out of their mind. There have been so many times where the thought of leaving to go back has been strong, but it's not dominating. And I refuse to let it dominate. This is where I belong. This is the place for me to be. And I LOVE it! I think a piece of me will always long for some of my memories in Austin, but if I focus too much on the past, I'll miss out on so many of the things going on in my present life... things like going to Cupcake Royale with Cindy Jones and like being able to be a mentor to some amazing students at Westside, and playing softball with great people on Saturdays and stuff like that. And more things to come. But I think it's been a while now since I've come to realize that this truly is HOME for me. And when I go back to visit family in Austin, it makes that time there even more special. But yes, I do get homesick sometimes and there are days where I'm so tempted to just hop a flight down to Austin. But those thoughts are few and far between now, versus when I first moved here.

What was your favorite book when you were a kid?
Oooh! this is a fun question! Thanks! First of all, let me just say that I am in LOVE with books! I love reading! Even as a kid I LOVED reading! If I had to pick a favorite, I would have to choose FOLLOW THE DRINKING GOURD.


It's a book that is based on a folk tale that used a song to map out the Underground Railroad that slaves would use to escape slavery, following the Big Dipper north to freedom. Though the song was written way after the actual Civil War, I remember being so inspired as a kid—I wished that I had been alive back in that time, helping to lead the slaves to freedom. I also had a mega fascination with Harriet Tubman—she has always been and always will be one of my heroes. So yeah, that was my favorite books. I loved it. I even bought it for my niece last year so that she would have a copy of it to read whenever she gets older. :D

Alrighty! Well, that's the five for today. Until next time. :D Keep the questions coming folks, this is FUN! :D

No comments: