Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Oh! Sweet Nuthin'


I'm in LOVE with Holga!

No no... it's not an actual person...

It's a type of camera silly :D

(see) ;)

It's beautiful! But even more beautiful than the camera itself is the sweet photos it creates! I was perusing through a website forum the other day and found links to sample photos. And I was smitten. ;)

Here are some samples of the photos it produces>>








I'm saving up to buy one! I know it's only $100 bucks ($50 for the camera, $50 for all the bells and whisltes—color filters, extra lenses, adapters, etc.) but still, 100 bones is a lotta dough. Though I may actually just wait and ask my parents to chip in to help me buy one for my birthday :D (i know you guys are reading this...no pressure...call me and we'll talk) ;) [pretty sure it qualifies as a party foul if you suggest your birthday gift request when you know your parents read your blog almost every day...oh well ;) ]

In the meantime, I found a website that walks you through re-creating a type of Holga Camera effect in Photoshop! Needless to say (but I'm saying it anyway) I've been going crazy using it. If you are also an avid Photoshop user and would like to try it, you can click HERE and go to the tutorial site.

Here are some of the photos I've played around with (I also posted some in the blog post for Christiaan Vodegel's b.day party) :





2 comments:

Gabby said...

A Holga is also on my wish list! I LOVE how the pictures look!

Joy said...

i'm so planning of getting one too. have been for a while... and the fuji instax because i still love instant film!