Sunday, June 7, 2009

Real Life Fairytale

Yesterday was so much fun! 

The morning started off a little rough... I got on the wrong bus. :(
(the blue shape is my house, the red shape is where I went at first, and the green shape is where I needed to go.)

You see, I use the online metro transit site to navigate my way around here, but when I typed Meridian Park into the destination line, I guess it never occurred to me that there was not only a Meridian Park in the Wallingford neighborhood, but there's also apparently a MERIDIAN PARK neighborhood in Shoreline, which is the COMPLETE opposite direction of where I needed to go. :(  who knew...

Anyway, I finally made it to the party and had a great time helping Christiaan Vodegel celebrate his FIRST birthday! :D  




And if it's possible at all, I think I've actually fallen head over heels in love with a park—MERIDIAN PARK!  It was so whimsical and all the playground equipment was just...the bee's knees! seriously!  All of the decor was centered around storybooks.  And there was SO much to do! I WISH this stuff had been around when I was a kid...it's seriously so innovative!











Then after the party, I headed over to Soundview Playfields in Crown Hill for a DOUBLE HEADER game! We didn't win either game, but we had a whole lot of fun just playing and cheering each other on and laughing so hard.  :D Unfortunately, we were short on players so I didn't get to take a whole lot of pictures, but trust me, it was fun...

...Unless you count the umpire, who obviously didn't know what was going on. First of all, he was calling really bad calls. But what's worse is that he would call it, and then be like, "I think it was a...." (REALLY??!!??) And then when he would make calls, he would kind of say them under his breath so we had to constantly ask him to repeat what the call was. And playing catcher, it was so creeptastic because he was all up in my area and i actually accidentally pushed him against the back board because he was so up on me that it was a natural chain reaction.  In my head I was like, "Look, H-Umpire... ease up off."  Aside from the umpire madness, it was a great time!  :D

1 comment:

Kelley said...

That park looks awesome! Can we go there when I visit??