Saturday, March 21, 2009

Long Time Coming


So this is post #2 about my recent trip to Colorado Springs, Colorado for my awesome friend, Grace Robinson (now O'Brien)'s wedding!  I flew in on Thursday afternoon from Seattle to Denver and Gracie picked me up and we grabbed Chick Fil A and some necessities from Wal-Mart.  I hadn't gotten to spend a lot of time with Grace since I left for Seattle (obviously) and even during my visits home, our time spent together was rushed.  But when we were driving around, it was like we lost no time!  We had so many laughs and just were joking the entire time!  
For those needing context, Grace was my very first ever actual media student and the first girl in Master's Commission that I ever discipled.  Our friendship was so unique and so wonderful.  Grace, who was an only child, found a big sister in me and I found a little sister in her.  We have been through so many things together and it was such an honor to be asked to be a bridesmaid in her wedding.  She's amazing!

She got married at Perry Park Country Club in Larkspur, Colorado and now lives in Colorado Springs with her new husband, Sean O'Brien.

On our way from Denver to the rehearsal, we stopped alongside the road, after getting lost looking for Tomah Road and we took pics of each other by the pond:



After the rehearsal, we went to Augustine Grill and had so much fun laughing and catching up with friends!

I was so happy to get the extra surprise of seeing some friends from Austin as well! Joshua Curtis, Andrew Simo, Taylor Houser and Sam Burwell were there, as well as Pastor Jesse Martin (the college pastor at my home church in Austin) and his family! The other bridesmaids are awesome friends of mine as well- Rachel Barkley (maid of honor) [center], Rachel Robinson [right] and Bianca Cruz [left] - they are just AMAZING women! I love them!

No comments: