Saturday, March 21, 2009

Show Me What I'm Looking For


So this is my 1st post about my trip to Colorado!  I hope you enjoy!

So as I was walking around here at the Salt Lake City airport, I stopped in at a bookstore/newstand place and they had an entire section called, "READ THE MOVIE" where they featured books that have been turned into movies. Books like:

Revolutionary Road
The Reader
He's Just Not That Into You
Twilight
Watchmen
and The Spiderwick Chronicles

and it got me to thinking about books that I've read that I really WISH would be adapted for the big screen. So I wanted to take a moment to share with you 5 books from that particular selection and why I would want to see them on the big screen.

FOLLOW THE DRINKING GOURD by Jeanette Winter
- One of my FAVORITE books about the Underground Railroad!

FLOWERS IN THE ATTIC by V.C. Andrews
- a movie was made of this like... years ago, but a newly updated one, would rock! In the older one, the mother is just not "hateable" enough for me, in accordance to the agony and duplicity of the mother in the book.

THE INFERNO by Dante Alighieri
- this is by far one of my most favorite books ... ever! A small portion of it was introduced in the movie WHAT DREAMS MAY COME, and then recently re-done in a popsicle stick paper animation type thing...where it was modernized and such..but as far as this book goes, i say do it up, classic! Use modern technology to seep out the classic imagery that Dante provides and it could be so amazing! Don't cheapen it, don't animate it, don't modernize it. Too good of a book to do that! ;)

THE LITTLE PRINCE by Antoine De Saint-Exupery
- a CLASSIC in my mind! I know they did an older version that looks really generic 80s craptastic. With such a beloved, important story like this, it definitely needs to be updated!

and

BLACK + WHITE by Dani Shapiro
- Such an intricate story about dealing with family.  If it were made into a movie, it would win an Oscar! ;) well, at least I would want it to! ;)

So that's my list! And I must admit, that one of my favorite kid's books is FINALLY being made into a movie. Yep, WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE is in production and I cannot wait to see the finished product!!

PS: random traveler's rant...

If you are at an airport with limited electrical outlets for...well you know...plugging in computers... and you DON'T HAVE A COMPUTER... please find a place to sprawl out onto your 4 chairs in a place FAR AWAY from the outlets. I think it would be better for the both of us... you can take up your entirely unnecessary amount of chair sleeping space and I don't have to keep my laptop dimly lit to salvage battery power because you're freakin' sleeping right in front of the outlet! Thanks. just. thanks.

No comments: