Wednesday, April 29, 2009

This Little Piggy

I would like to start today's post off with an apology and a confession:

1. I apologize for not updating in so long. "You shouldn't have to apologize." you say? I know. I just want to. I feel like each and every person who reads my blog deserves to know that they are important—you are important to me! :D

2. I am not perfect. Far from it actually. And I don't always think the 'right' things or 'do' the right things. It's true. A while back I was talking to one of my friends and they were saying how it affected them at times because it seems as though I have my entire life together and that every day is just peachy and great... but this is so not true.

Though I am predominantly optimistic about almost everything, there have been a lot of hits and tears along the way that have gotten me to where I am. And in case you're wondering, no I'm not like, "putting up a wall of safety" around me... I'm simply choosing everyday to take some of the most complex situations and laugh about them or talk myself into finding a bit of a silver lining. And what doesn't kill me makes me stronger and I learn from EVERYTHING.

One thing I did promise myself is to LIVE my life to the fullest and make the best of everything that comes my way. Is my life perfect...oh no no no. Can I make some of the crappiest situations not seem so crappy? yes. yes indeed.

Which leads me to the latest thing... this SWINE FLU pandemic thingy.

First of all, can I just say that the term "SWINE" just makes me wanna vomit? Can we call it the Pig Flu or the Worse-Than-Your-Average-Flu? Anything but Swine. That makes me think that every person who gets it is gonna turn into a pig...a la Pinochhio with the the whole donkey thing. Creeptastic.

So every Wednesday, we have a staff meeting where we all go into this room with chairs and couches and go over Buildings and Grounds, Computer Updates, Publications Updates and Office Reminders and such. Well today we had a big discussion about this ... PIGGY FLU... and everyone was spewing out data upon data and statistic upon statistic...and it was all so overwhelming. One of the guys asked a really good question. He asked: HOW MANY OF YOU HAVE A LIVING WILL MADE UP? And it gets all awkward quiet and like a couple people raise their hands... and I look at the guy and I go, "Um. Would you like me to write you into mine?" And everyone laughed! It was so funny... and I just kept going... talking about who I would give my iTunes playlist to, who gets my laptop, etc. And it was so funny! One of my other co-workers commented later on how glad she was that I was on the team, bringing lots of laughs and a light air. :D

Now don't get me wrong, I'm concerned about the Piggy Flu, but at the same time, if I panic, it helps nothing. And if I get sick, I get sick. And if I die, I die. I'm not afraid.

Another example would be the recent RC Teacher mailout I worked on. So I ran out of bags...like 70 packets shy of a complete mailout. So I had to order more bags. But when the guy asked me if I needed small or large bags, I just guessed large- better to get bigger ones than accidentally get the smaller ones, eh? KINDA.



Let's just say... the large bags... are large. All day I was making jokes about buying out all the Extra-Huge bags from DHL... and trying to compete with Santa... and mailing myself home. It was funny!... at least I thought so. ;)

It kinda reminds me of this book I found at Borders once called THE SECRETS OF THE BULLET-PROOF SPIRIT.

I think I'll buy it with my next paycheck and let you know if I truly DO have a "bullet-proof spirit." ;)

Another book I'm going to buy is THE NARCISSISM EPIDEMIC. Very relevant, very interesting.

Well that's all for today! Thanks for checking out the blog! :D

No comments: